Last Updated on
As a Mom on the go, I am always looking for quick and easy breakfasts that will give me energy. Granola bars, cereal, and other baked goods don’t give me enough sustainable energy. I found a recipe for Crustless Spinach Quiche and I thought I would give it a try. Originally, it said to make it as one large quiche which I did try. It was great, so I thought I would modify it to make it as little quiches I can take to-go. They were perfect! I love this recipe because there are so many ways to change it also! Bonus: They are Keto friendly!
(There are affiliate links in this post. Clicking on them does not cost you anything extra and I might earn a little something.)
I originally got this recipe from AllRecipes.com but I made some modifications. I like to use pepper jack cheese instead to kick it up a notch. Here are the ingredients needed.
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Small white or yellow onion chopped about 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- 1 (10 oz) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 6 eggs beaten
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheese (original recipe calls for muenster but I like pepper jack or Colby jack)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease a muffin/cupcake pan
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft.
- Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add spinach mixture and stir to blend.
- Scoop into cupcake pan about 2/3 full in each cup.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes or until the eggs have set.
Steps through pictures
This recipe for crustless spinach quiche cups has been awesome because I can eat these in the car as I drive to work. I like having something warm and with eggs for breakfast to get some protein. It’s also good with chilis or bacon in them!
Some things that helped me make this recipe:
Salt and Pepper Grinders: